Monday Motivation | Great things happen when you stop operating from your current reality

Looking back at my goal achievement history. There were some intentions that I realized quickly and some that lingered on for years.  The older I get, the less time I want to spend waiting for something that could be achieved much more quickly.  The best way to predict the future is to learn from the past. Looking back, the biggest difference between the intentions that I could never seem to manifest and the ones that happened quickly was in how I operated.

To make it simple, we can classify our actions into two categories.

1.  Actions that sustain your current results.
2. Actions that bring about your desired results.

It's that straightforward.
By default, our actions fall into category #1.  What we routinely do creates more of what we're currently experiencing.  If we do nothing different, things will essentially stay the same.  Operating from your current reality will continue to feed your current results.

Someone who really intends to create a new reality should operate from category #2.  Let's talk a little more about what it looks like to operate from category #2.  Essentially, that person is bringing new thoughts and new actions into their life.  Think of your thoughts as fuel and actions as the vehicle.  If you want to get from point A (current reality) to point B (new reality) you will need both.
At times we focus only on positive thoughts and affirmations. That's great, but without the car, you aren't going anywhere.  If you want a different experience, start with new thoughts and beliefs. That will fuel your actions. Next you bring new actions into your daily routine.  The problem is that 24 hours in the day are already occupied in actions that support your current reality.  This means that you have to take explicit steps to allocate time towards creating your new outcome.

Maybe you have to wake up earlier.  Perhaps instead of driving straight home afterwork, you go to the gym, work at a coffee shop or attend a networking event. Anything new that you bring into your routine will generate new results.  That's a promise.  The best part is that you don't have to do much in the beginning.  As a matter of fact, I recommend that you take small, regular action at first then ramp up once you have solid a routine in place.

I'm currently enrolled in multiple coaching programs.  Over and over again, I'm seeing the results of what happens when people operate from their new reality.  It's mind blowing.  Countless lives are being changed simply by focus on "new reality" actions.  It's a joy to watch.  In my own business, I'm constantly trying identify the actions that keep me in my current income levels versus the new actions that lead me into the next level of results.

 When I reflect on my to-do list, I ask myself "am I also working on activities that bring about my desired reality?"  If the answer is no, I quickly readjust.  This makes the whole goal achievement process so much easier to predict. Better yet, this systematizes the reality creation process.

Share on :
Monday Motivation | Great things happen when you stop operating from your current reality
Monday Motivation | Great things happen when you stop operating from your current reality
Reviewed by Unknown
Published :
Rating : 4.5