What I hope to experience by floating in a sensory deprivation tank.

This afternoon, on a whim, I decided to purchase a session in a sensory deprivation tank (float tank).  Actually, I grabbed a package of four 90 minute sessions.  This was literally an on the spot decision.  So why did I do it?

There's a ton of reasons why I'm interested.  But let me first start off by saying that if I had lots of disposable income, I'd fill my life with unusual experiences like float tanks, cyrotheraphy, plasma facials, and whatever else is out there that I don't yet know about.  Today I decided to follow my own advice of putting my money where my goals are.  I love experiences but I tend to spend my money on the same purchases over and over. This time I chose to break out of my pattern and try something new.

While working, I had a video playing in the background where a woman talked about the early stage of launching her business.  At one point in her rant, she mentioned the insights gained from her float tank experience.  Instantly something in my mind clicked and I immediately found a nearby location and secured an appointment.  One thing I should clarify is that I watched over a dozen deprivation tank videos about a year ago.  I was really interested at the time but failed to take any action.  Today was different.

For those of you who aren't familiar with float tanks, basically they are tanks filled with around 10 inches of water and 1000 lbs of epsom salt.  The water is heated to the same temperature as the skin and the salt causes you to float.  The end result is the removal of all senses as you float in the water.  You're in a sound proof tank, naked, in the dark, with no sensations.  The only thing you're left with are your thoughts.  It's described as one of the most relaxing experiences ever.  Some say it's like meditation on crack.  There are also a host of health benefits that one can experience such as lower cortisol levels, pain management, and improving physical performance.

Then there are beauty benefits from the medical grade epsom salt.  The salt is a natural exfoliator,  emollient, and detoxifier.  As you lay in the water, your body absorbs magnesium from the salt.  Magnesium is the second most abundant mineral in the human body (behind calcium) and helps regulate the activity of more than 325 enzymes. I've heard testimonies of how people have enjoyed highly restful sleep following float tank sessions partially due to absorption of magnesium in their system.

The real reason why said "yes" to this experience is for the meditative qualities.  I hope to engage in a powerful visualization exercise that will help me see clearly the outcomes that I wish to experience.  I also hope this will help me get into a deeper meditative state at home during my morning practice.  One huge supporter of float tanks says that it's helped increase his mental capacity and nurture his creativity.

My session is in a couple of days and I'm really excited. Basically every one who left a review on Youtube said they'd do it again. I hope my experience is just as exhilarating.  Lookout for a short review after my first experience.
Share on :
What I hope to experience by floating in a sensory deprivation tank.
What I hope to experience by floating in a sensory deprivation tank.
Reviewed by Unknown
Published :
Rating : 4.5