Life Elevated | Why I decided to get a cleaning lady

Clean Home Inspiration
Yesterday, I made the decision to hire a cleaning lady.  As soon as the decision was made, I took immediate action to schedule an appointment before I talked myself out of it.  The idea of hiring someone to come in on a regular basis to clean my house is something I've resisted forever. Growing up, my mom kept a spotless home.  She'd often wake up early in the morning and scrub down the house until exhaustion.  When she was done, the house was immaculate and I absolutely loved the feeling of being a clean environment.  And when I traveled weekly, I became accustomed to the neatness of a well maintained hotel room.

Since I've been on my own, I've maintained a clean environment as best as I could. But the amount of time required to keep the house to the level of cleanliness that I desire is not feasible.  Even if I had that much time on my hands, I don't want to spend it cleaning.  I'm not talking about doing the dishes, sweeping floors and making the bed.  No, I'm referring to the deep down work.  The kinda stuff that my mom would do all weekend.  I really wish that I was one of those people that enjoy getting on my hands and knees and scrubbing until everything shines...but I'm not.  But I'd love to live in a pristine environment. So what's a girl to do?

Outsource.  Yep, I'm handing the job over to the professionals.  I do feel a little a guilty that I didn't turn out like my mom. But I had to get over it.

Now I have a new expense.  My goal is to see how I can turn this new expense into income. Well, not directly.  But I'm hoping that working in a well organized and clean environment will have a direct impact on my focus.  Just recently I received an email from a coaching client of mine who shared how she found herself to be more productive in building her business when she stayed at a hotel.  Why? Because an organized space helps sparks creativity.  When our environment is dirty or cluttered, it takes up our mental energy. Remember the scene in Limitless when Eddy cleaned his entire home, the very next thing he did was sit down and write the book he'd been avoiding for months.

I suspect that I'll respond favorably as well. Whenever I clean my environment, I work at a higher level so I know that living in a professionally cleaned home will somehow influence my income.  One challenge I'm creating for myself is to calculate the cost of regular cleaning for a year and create ideas on how to generate enough income to cover the investment (including gratuity).  My intention is that this decision to hire help will actually increase my income.

We'll see what happens.  Maybe I'll change my mind and cancel after the first couple of cleanings. Maybe having a maid service will transform my life.  I just look forward to living in a spotless environment again.

Do any of you have experience with a maid service?  Please share.
Share on :
Life Elevated | Why I decided to get a cleaning lady
Life Elevated | Why I decided to get a cleaning lady
Reviewed by Unknown
Published :
Rating : 4.5