First Impressions | GlamGlow Youthcleanse Exfoliating Cleanser

My ravenous shopping habits have lead me to reach the status of Sephora VIB (very important beauty insider). Every once in a while an email lands in my inbox with an exclusive offer for VIB members.  Most often, I ignore them, but this time I had to take full advantage.  They were offering various free samples with a minimum purchase.  On the list of offers was GlamGlow's Youthcleanse.
Y'all know that I'm a fan of GlamGlow.  The clearing mud has got to be one of my all time favorites.  So when I saw the opportunity to try their cleansing, exfoliating mud, I was all over it.  Luckily for me, I stumbled upon NARS satin lip pencil in Rikugien days earlier and absolutely need to add it to my beauty collection.  After adding the lip pencil, the special sharpener and a mascara to my basket, I'd reached the minimum required to get my free sample of GlamGlow.

What intrigued me about YouthCleanse is that it cleanses, exfoliates and has mask-like qualities all in one.  Sometimes one doesn't have the time to execute three separate steps in your facial regimen.  Feels good to know that one product can save a little time and change the look of your skin in one session.

Here's a little background about the product:

YOUTHCLEANSE™ is a revolutionary Mud to Foam™ daily cleanser that combines the power of mud and the performance of foam for an innovative cleansing experience. It transforms into a gentle and effective foaming lather that dissolves makeup and impurities while removing dead surface cells. 

It is formulated with Brazilian superfruits acai, guarana, and acerola to provide potent antioxidants and flaxseed and quinoa, which are rich in omegas 3, 6, and 9 for stronger, healthier-looking skin. French sea clay revitalizes skin, microalgae scrub and phytic acid extreme gently exfoliate, and TEAOXI® green tea leaf delivers EGCG super antioxidants to protect against free radicals—working with ground ginkgo biloba leaf to optimize the skin’s natural renewal process. YOUTHCLEANSE™ helps to maintain the results of your current weekly GLAMGLOW® treatments. 



This morning I had the chance to try it for myself and here are my initial thoughts.  The product itself has a thick liquid consistency.  Sorta like a lotion (but not).  The creamier consistency allows for easy application on a dry face (per instructions).  Once the product is completely applied, you then dampen your hands and rub them together, causing the product left on your hand to foam.

As you apply the YouthCleanse to your face and when you massage the product, you'll feel the tiny grains that work to exfoliate.  Although it kinda feels like a mask on the skin, the instructions state clearly that it's not meant to be used as a mask.  Meaning, it doesn't dry onto the skin and you don't have to wait forever for it to dry before removing.

After a few moments of massaging the product in, I rinsed it off pretty easily.  Immediately, I touched my skin which felt smooth and exfoliated.  Overall, I was really pleased with how YouthCleanse performed.  According to the product info, this is meant to be a daily cleanser.  In my experience, the product was a little too drying to be used daily.  I mean, it cleanses, exfoliates, and has mask-like qualities all in one.  Of course could be a little drying.  This product would have been perfect back when I traveled a lot.  Instead of having to pack a mask, exfoliating products and a cleanser, I'd grab my YouthCleanse and be set.  I also see this as a perfect product for after working out or a steam room session.  GlamGlow Youthcleanse is made for those moments you're short on time but want to do a quick exfoliation and cleanse at once. Or when you're feeling lazy and don't want to conduct a full on at home facial.

 I will definitely purchase the full size.


Share on :
First Impressions | GlamGlow Youthcleanse Exfoliating Cleanser
First Impressions | GlamGlow Youthcleanse Exfoliating Cleanser
Reviewed by Unknown
Published :
Rating : 4.5